We have the definitive guide to the 5 must-visit gay-owned and gay-friendly establishments in Tucson. From bars to restaurants to shops, these businesses are at the forefront of Tucson’s vibrant and welcoming LGBTQ+ community.
- IBT’s: IBT’s is Tucson’s oldest gay bar and a staple of the community. With a lively dance floor, drag shows, and karaoke nights, IBT’s is the perfect spot for a night out.
- The Coronet: This trendy restaurant and bar has a chic and eclectic atmosphere, perfect for a romantic dinner or drinks with friends. The Coronet is also a strong supporter of Tucson’s LGBTQ+ community.
- The Rialto Theatre: The Rialto is Tucson’s premier live music venue, hosting a wide range of local and national acts. The venue is also committed to supporting Tucson’s LGBTQ+ community and hosts regular benefit concerts and events.
- Antigone Books: Antigone is a feminist bookstore with a wide selection of books, zines, and other materials by and for LGBTQ+ people. The store also hosts regular readings, author events, and workshops.
- The Loft Cinema: The Loft is a beloved independent cinema that shows a mix of classic, cult, and indie films. The theater also hosts regular LGBTQ+ film festivals and events, including the annual Tucson International LGBTQ+ Film Festival.
In conclusion, Tucson’s LGBTQ+ community is vibrant, welcoming, and full of amazing businesses to visit. Whether you’re looking for a night out at a bar or restaurant, a cultural experience at an art gallery or bookstore, or a fun and festive event like Tucson Pride, these 5 must-visit businesses are sure to provide a memorable and meaningful experience.