LGBT & Straight Alliance Fund
2250 E. Broadway Blvd.
Tucson, AZ 85719
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender & Queer (LGBTQ+) Alliance Fund connects donors with projects that benefit the LGBTQ community in Southern Arizona. The Fund provides donors with a way to channel their charitable investments into efforts that are likely to affect the issues they are most concerned with.
Created in 1999 by the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona in partnership with the National Lesbian and Gay Community Funding Partnership, The Alliance Fund addresses a chronic pattern of under-funding of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender programs. We support efforts to address these issues through philanthropy and endowment building. Since its inception, the Fund has awarded more than 182 grants to 64 different organizations totaling $809,597 dollars.
In 2019-2020 alone, sixteen Southern Arizona projects were awarded $63,000 in grants. Several of the programs The Alliance Fund has recently supported are:
- Habitat for Humanity’s Rainbow Build
- Planned Parenthood’s Teen Advisory Group
- Bisbee Pride Celebration
- Tucson International Jewish Film Festival, and
- Project Visibility, cultural competency training for staff of assisted living facilities, Pima Council on Aging
- Annual Sex and Scholarship Symposium organized by the University of Arizona’s Committee on Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual Studies