How does your investment in personal nutrition forecast your potential as an effective leader and performance in leadership roles? Insist that it has little effect and you will be making the biggest mistake of your career. Growing your company and your career in the 21st century demands a radical shift in the way you show up for work.
High-performing organizations reviewing their own development programs cite that leader development programs do not impact the behavioral change targeted or anticipated, and they are unable to link leadership development to company strategy and business outcomes. With those staggering reviews from organizations within the US, it is time to re-evaluate the scope and methodologies in leadership development.
Reflecting on leadership development lessons from 2019, a study published by the Human Capital Institute lists five leadership development skills companies find most critical to the growth of the organization:
- Critical Thinking
- Growth Mindset
- Inclusive Leadership, and
- Just like any other performance metric, each of these desired skills is an outcome. As we look for new tactics to meet future demands, we need to shift focus toward the motivational currents that manifest those leadership skills.
Nature vs Nurture in Leadership
Regardless of whether you believe that leaders are born or built, elements of nature and nurture play a critical role across the board.
Self-care and self-leadership is not a distraction; it’s a powerplay. Optimize your brain; optimize your life; optimize your career/business. This is where your personalized attention to nutrition becomes a Strategy in Leadership Development.
Nourishing your body with a well-designed diet offers:
- Better resilience throughout the day
- Access to your inherent creativity to tackle those challenging situations
- Improved confidence and self-esteem
- Increased stress management
- Patience, and so much more!
Looking for a new angle in career development? An investment in your own healthy habits and personalized nutrition could be the rocket fuel to launch your career; above and beyond.